Dinner at Schooner Exact Brewing Co.


Who knew you could find a brewery in SODO with a kids area and a kids menu? At Schooner Exact Brewing Co. they have a whole area just for the little ones. I pick where to dine based on the menu online. If an item sounds good to me and I just have to try it, then I'll add it to a list on my phone. In this case, it was a win win since I was searching for a place to dine with my husband and our sons. I save the really nice places for our date nights. For our family meals out, its usually quick serve or a low key joint where it doesn't matter if our kids are loud.

Schooner Exact just happened to have a kids play area so it worked out perfectly. If there's a kids area in a restaurant, which is actually pretty rare in Seattle, we try to sit at a table nearby. Our boys end up mostly playing and then they take their food home to finish later. Then my husband and I can chill out and enjoy ourselves while still watching them. At Schooner Exact there was a whole room where families dined located to the left upon entering, and then the bar and another dining room was to the right.

To start our dinner I ordered a Blood Orange Cider. It was fruity and had a nice flavor. Since I'm not a beer fan I always look for a hard cider. I was happy to see they had a unique one like Blood Orange. For food I ordered the Brussels Sprouts with Bacon and the Beer Cheese Dip with a giant pretzel. The Brussels Sprouts arrived in a really hot cast iron pan. The serving was big and it took two sittings to finish it. I'm a sucker for Brussels Sprouts. I love the taste and texture and I enjoy the seasonings that usually accompany them. These had cheese and really crispy bacon pieces. So delish. The pretzel was blow you away big and drew the attention of the other diners when they served it. The beer cheese was a house made dip with habanero jack, cream cheese, and fresh herbs. It was really creamy and rich, and maybe a little too salty. My Brussels Sprouts were already salty because of the bacon so it was all a little much. But everything tasted so good anyway and the hard cider washed it down nicely. The pretzel was soft and tasted so carbolicious.

My husband wanted something on the lighter side so he chose the Salmon Salad. Our boys each chose the chicken nuggets with fries. Their brunch menu also looks good, so I'm temped to return sooner rather than later for that. They have Chicken and Waffles and Avocado Toast that looks to good to pass up.     

Schooner Exact Brewery and Restaurant Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

Comments

Follow on Instagram

www.flickr.com
Kelli Wong Photography's items Go to Kelli Wong Photography's photostream

Popular Posts