Little Big Burger in Seattle


Since the lines at Shake Shack are still really long I decided to visit another new burger place, Little Big Burger. They're a Portland, Oregon company that is slowly expanding around the country. They use Oregon beef for their burgers, Tillamook Cheese, and they sell Tillamook Ice Cream Sandwiches. The burgers are on the smaller side. They're not a slider, but not your normal size either. I personally like burgers on the small side because by the time you have a side and a drink or dessert, it's enough food to feel satisfied but not overly full.

The concept at Little Big Burger is quick serve where you order at a counter. Then they'll call your name when its ready. I feel silly for tipping two bucks because there was no extra service done. I had to get up four times to get things and clean my own table. They also made a couple of mistakes. I ordered my cheeseburger without red onions, but they were on my burger. Then my ice cream sandwich was forgotten, so I had to get up again and ask for it. Another disappointment was there was no beer and cider as advertised. It just said "coming soon" on the menu board.

Luckily it wasn't a total wash because I did enjoy my cheeseburger and fries. I ordered a cheeseburger with goat cheese and bacon. My husband had a veggie burger and we shared an order of the Truffle Fries. My burger was the perfect size. The goat cheese elevated the flavor and I liked the way the beef was cooked. The fries also had good flavor from the truffle oil and I liked how crispy they were. My husband didn't really like his veggie burger because it was overcooked. For dessert I had a Salted Caramel ice cream sandwich. I really enjoy these Tillamook ice cream sandwiches and I buy them at Safeway and Costco. But I'd never seen this flavor so of course I had to try it. 

They've got some kinks to work out here and hopefully they won't make many mistakes next time. They have a cool concept and having beer and hard cider will make it even better. I liked the prices as we only spent $25 for our lunch. Considering the quality of the food I think that's money well spent in Seattle.   

Comments

Follow on Instagram

www.flickr.com
Kelli Wong Photography's items Go to Kelli Wong Photography's photostream

Popular Posts