A Visit to the Space Needle's New Observation Deck


Starting last September, the Seattle Space Needle has been getting a "space lift". A 100 million dollar makeover for our main attraction. The Space Needle is 56 years old so it was time. The main thing they've done so far is add the glass panels around the entire observation deck and added glass benches that lean back. Watch out for those benches because if heights aren't your thing you may get a surprise. I really enjoy heights myself and have always liked the thrill. I was a little caught off guard when I sat down and leaned back. Whoa, that was pretty fun though. My sons loved standing on the benches and putting both hands on the glass because they felt like they were hanging above the city. It made for some great photo ops. Everyone else had the same idea so be careful or you might trip over a selfie stick. Or in my case, get in the way of nearly everyone trying to snap a photo.

My favorite part of the experience was the first two minutes when I stepped out of the elevator and saw the new glass panels. They just looked so pretty and the views were so much clearer. Tomorrow at 8 am, the rotating glass floor will be ready for viewing. If I had known that, I would have gone then.

Looking at the Space Needle's website shows that they'll be two floors of viewing for one ticket price. The top floor where we were, and then a flight of stairs down will take you to the glass floor observation deck. And I'm not sure if that will have a restaurant and or lounge. But when its all completed, hopefully I'll return and see it. A girl can dream.











Comments

  1. The pictures you shared to show how beautiful the rooftop deck is. The deck's color combination is quite attractive and lovely. The rooftop terrace's lit deck offers amazing views. When it comes to a roof deck, flowers can play a significant role in the landscaping of your house. Flowers and trees offer beauty and give natural sun protection. Additionally, I can see from your pictures that they decorate the rooftop deck with flower pots. For the deck, maintenance and repairs are also required. I would like to suggest you that Deck Calgary provides high-quality deck service because they have only experienced workers.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Follow on Instagram

www.flickr.com
Kelli Wong Photography's items Go to Kelli Wong Photography's photostream

Popular Posts