Montana Moments- 2018 Edition

Rose can be delicious in a can, too! And don't forget your unicorn drink holder! On the second day in Montana, I set up a little shoot in my parent's backyard with my unicorn drink holder. The Rose was Dark Horse Rose and it was surprisingly good.

Our family made many sweet memories on our trip to Montana. And at times the memories were literally sweet, like toasting marshmallows over the campfire and eating s'mores, and having homemade ice cream that my dad made. Watching the sunsets were memorable and so was exploring the old barn on our family's farm. My son helped my mom pick flowers from her garden and then they arranged some pansies in a small vase to place on the table. We explored Whitefish a little and I took some photos of the buildings and also one in Columbia Falls. On the last night we met up with our extended family in Kalispell's Woodland Park. My dad brought the ice cream he made and we had an ice cream social along with brownies that our aunts baked. I walked around and took some photos, like the bridge picture below. When I was a kid, Woodland Park was one of my favorite places. Being back home to Montana brought back many great memories. Now that my sons are almost five (gasp!) they're getting old enough to do more things and make memories they'll never forget.


While my sons and my dad explored the barn on our family's farm, I got artsy and did some barn shots. Not something I can really do in Seattle.
 
One of the sunsets we saw during our visit. One of my son's favorite things about visiting grandma and grandpa are the big power lines by their house!
 

One of the unique buildings located along Nucleus Ave. in Columbia Falls.
 

If there's s'mores it must be summertime! There's nothing like a s'more when I visit Montana. My folks have a fire pit and its so fun to sit by the fire.
 
The other sunset I saw during our visit showcased the moon and what I believe was Venus hanging out, too.
 
Some pretty pansies from the garden brightened the dining area.
 
Downtown Whitefish is the place to be these days. What used to be a quiet place is now brimming with visitors and locals and it can be hard to find a parking spot. But on the plus side, there's new restaurants and shops to check out!
 

Woodland Park, Kalispell, MT.
 
Homemade Ice Cream is everything. Especially with homemade fudge sauce!


Comments

Follow on Instagram

www.flickr.com
Kelli Wong Photography's items Go to Kelli Wong Photography's photostream

Popular Posts