A Visit to the Mukilteo Lighthouse


Warning-this post contains lots of Mukilteo Lighthouse shots, so hopefully you like lighthouses. Lighthouses are kind of my thing and when I see one, I turn into an even bigger shutterbug than usual. My sons also love structures of any kind and they had never climbed a lighthouse. A good one, and not too tall with too many stairs, is the Mukilteo one with just 37 steps to the top.

Lighthouse Park in Mukilteo, WA looks like something out of a storybook. Located just thirty minutes north of Seattle, you'll feel far away from the city in this quaint area near the water. The park surrounding the lighthouse has walking trails, beach access, BBQ pits, and a playground. You can also watch the ferries going back and forth to Whidbey Island. The whole vibe says Pacific Northwest to me. There are also restaurants located right next to the park and ferry terminal.

My boys loved visiting the lighthouse and have already asked to go back. The best time to visit is the weekends or on holidays when the lighthouse is opened until 5 pm when you can climb to the top. There's lots of parking available and the fee is $2 an hour.

Growing up in Western Montana, we didn't get to hop in a car and see a lighthouse in a few minutes. The only water around was fresh water lakes. The first time I saw a lighthouse was on our first trip to the Oregon Coast when I was ten. I got out of the car and heard the thundering sound of the waves. We stayed in Bandon, OR and saw the Coquille River Lighthouse. And I've been enchanted with lighthouses ever since.















Looking for more of my lighthouse photos and posts? Go here on my blog to see two Oregon Coast lighthouses, Yaquina Head and Yaquina Bay. You can go here to see my post about Alki Point Lighthouse, located on Alki Beach in West Seattle.

Comments

Follow on Instagram

www.flickr.com
Kelli Wong Photography's items Go to Kelli Wong Photography's photostream

Popular Posts