Happy Hour at Momiji

If you're craving something a little on the lighter side because you've been eating too many Christmas cookies, then sushi is the perfect choice. We tried Momiji on Capital Hill during Happy Hour for our latest night out without the kiddos.

The surrounding restaurants and bars looked pretty empty but when we walked into Momiji, and without a reservation, the small lobby was filling up fast with people waiting. Luckily for us, the wait was only ten minutes and before I knew it we were seated in the dining room. I was happy to see that the happy hour is available throughout the restaurant and not just in the bar area. The space was dark with an upscale and classy feel. The service was fast and accommodating. They have a courtyard behind glass walls in the center of the restaurant that would be great for hanging out at in the warmer months.

For drinks, I started with a Sidecar cocktail and it tasted fresh and citrusy. My husband had the Grilled Garlic Short Ribs and I had the Crispy Calamari to start. I tried a few bites of the short ribs and they were fantastic. They were very tender, juicy, and almost melted in my mouth. The Calamari were also a nice choice. They were crispy and salty, and were served with a zesty sauce for dipping. Each plate was served with a side salad with fresh, leafy greens with a light dressing.  

Then it was time for a little sushi. I chose the Spider Roll and I'm happy I did. It had soft shell crab with avocados and cucumbers. It had the perfect amount of crunch which contrasted well with the veggies. My husband had one of the four piece sushi plates and claimed that the fish was really fresh and flavorful.

Momiji fits in nicely on 12th Ave along with the other notable restaurants and bars. Another strong choice for happy hour with fresh and memorable sushi, an interesting atmosphere, and service that was on point.


Momiji Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato 

Comments

Follow on Instagram

www.flickr.com
Kelli Wong Photography's items Go to Kelli Wong Photography's photostream

Popular Posts