Custard and Cafes in Astoria, Oregon

During our trip to Seaside, we headed north to Astoria. A little custard and a visit to a café was in our plans, and after that was some playtime at a local playground.

First, we stopped in at Custard King. Don't expect much for ambiance here as its just a walk-up window with no place to sit and eat. We were a little turned off by that, but I still wanted to try a custard. I ended up ordering a Royale Burger with fries, and a cake cone with chocolate custard and rainbow sprinkles. I took it back to the car and one son took the fries, another took the ice cream, and I ended up with the cheeseburger.

My husband still needed lunch so we drove a few blocks over to Street 14 Café so he could grab a sandwich. On the way we ate our Custard King food and nothing but the appreciative sounds of eating filled the car. My burger was cooked well, a little greasy, but darn good. My son really liked the chocolate custard, and the bites I stole from him were smooth and chocolaty. The three items came to over 11 bucks which was a little pricey for a walk-up window. But that custard and burger were worth it.  

Street 14 Café ended up being a nice surprise with its Portland vibe and beautiful aesthetics. Sadly, I didn't get any food photos because my husband was really hungry and when they brought him his Chicken Salad Sandwich, he wanted to eat it and not wait for me. I was chasing the boys around the café at the time because they too, liked the café and wanted to check it out. Once we had overstayed out welcome, it was time to head to the park where the kids could run around and get some more energy out before we drove back to Seaside.
Custard King Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato Street 14 Cafe Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

Comments

Follow on Instagram

www.flickr.com
Kelli Wong Photography's items Go to Kelli Wong Photography's photostream

Popular Posts