Happy Hour at Tavolata in Belltown

One of the things I love about summer is dining outside while feeling the breeze and sipping on something refreshing. And at Tavolata in Belltown, we did just that. My husband and I met up with my cousins and grabbed a table outside, for happy hour. Tavolata is an Ethan Stowell restaurant, so I knew we were in for a treat, and I was right. Their happy hour menu is pretty decent with food ranging from $5-$9. The drinks also start at $5, so for not too many greenbacks, you can have a pretty nice meal, enjoying the tasty and quality cuisine.

I started with a glass of the sparkling wine. Is there anything better than sipping something so crisp and bubbly on a hot summer day? It paired well with the Focaccia from Macrina Bakery, which was served alongside some marinated Caciocavallo, aged balsamic, and olive oil. Next, we tried another appetizer, the Salumi Board, which that day was a very thinly sliced and nutty flavored Prosciutto. Then they brought out another dish to try, some Bruschetta. It had smoked fish, pickled onion, and aioli. We all thought it was very flavorful, and thought the pickled onion was the perfect compliment to the dish.  

One of my cousins ate the Steamed Clams as his entrée. This dish has Prosciutto Broth and Chickpea, and was topped with a baguette with Lardo. The rest of us had the Spaghetti with Chicken Meatballs. I thought it was the most perfect bowl of pasta. The spaghetti noodles were cooked al dente and were thick, round noodles. The sauce was something I could never master at home but was just a simple tomato and basil sauce.

Then I finished with an Old Fashioned Cocktail as we sat and relaxed at our table. We didn't want our al fresco meal to end, but yes, all good things must come to an end.
Tavolàta Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

Comments

Follow on Instagram

www.flickr.com
Kelli Wong Photography's items Go to Kelli Wong Photography's photostream

Popular Posts