An Anniversary Dinner at Palisade

To celebrate our ten year wedding anniversary my husband and I wanted to go out to a nice dinner. We also took an overnight trip to Portland with our kids, but we wanted to go out to dinner, just the two of us, to celebrate our decade of marriage. Palisade, in the Magnolia neighborhood of Seattle, was the perfect place to celebrate. When I made our reservation, I wrote that we were celebrating our anniversary. When we checked in, the hostess greeted us with a "happy anniversary" and showed us to our table. They also decorated the table with rose petals and with a card for us. It's these details that make a meal memorable and enjoyable.

Since I asked for a view, we were seated at a booth where we both faced the large windows. The view was of the Seattle skyline and the harbor. We could see all of Elliott Bay and even Alki Beach across the way. Our server did a great job of welcoming us and congratulating us on our anniversary. My husband started off with a Manhattan and I had a Huckleberry Pomegranate Mojito. Then we had the bread service and we each had a Bleu Cheese and Honeycrisp Apple Salad. The salad's size was bigger than expected and it had a white balsamic vinaigrette and candied hazelnuts.

For our entrées, he had the Prime Top Sirloin and I had the Flash-Seared Teriyaki Tenderloins, which was actually an appetizer but sounded good to me to have as my main dish. He really enjoyed his entrée and it was such a substantial portion he was able to take some home. It also came with Brussels sprouts which I tried, and they were perfectly crunchy and flavorful. His other side was some Beecher's Flagship Potato Gratin, which was creamy and wonderful tasting. I really enjoyed my food, too, and found the tenderloins to be perfectly cooked and tender, like their name. I also sipped on an Old Fashioned Cocktail and my husband enjoyed a glass of the D3, a nice, full bodied red wine.   

Then it was time for dessert and we chose the trio of Crème Brulee. There was Vanilla, Lemon, and Chocolate, and it was presented with a tall candle. Our favorite was the vanilla and we loved breaking the crackly, caramel top with our spoons and digging in to the rich custard. We enjoyed our special dinner so much. From the views, the service, and the food, it was all just right.

 
Palisade Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

Comments

Follow on Instagram

www.flickr.com
Kelli Wong Photography's items Go to Kelli Wong Photography's photostream

Popular Posts