Ten Foods And Drinks I Tried This Year And Where You Can Get Them

If you're anything like me then you have a list of foods and drinks you just have to try.  That's how I got so interested in photographing food.  I had my list of things to try and then when I found them, I took pictures and well, there you go.  I started doing this in 2007 and I just haven't stopped.  I'm constantly trying new restaurants, cocktails, desserts, and then crossing them off my mental list.  But not until after I've taken photos and then shared them on my blog, of course. 

So here are ten of my favorite foods and drinks I got to try this year.  So if you're inspired, or just hungry, I'll also tell you where you can get them, too.  Note:  Most of them are from Vegas.  That was kind of why we went because of all the great food.  Oh, and that cool Ferris wheel.  I have my priorities in order, don't I?
Who doesn't love a unique burger on the Vegas Strip.  This special looking one is from Bobby's Burger Paradise in Las Vegas.  Bobby Flay designed this burger with American cheese and potato chips.  So go get one for yourself!

Sprinkles Cupcakes from their Las Vegas location.   Sprinkles was the first cupcake shop in the country and is still super popular today.  They were on my foodie list for years and I finally got to try them!

Shake Shack was another got to try food from my list.  So when I found out there was a location in Vegas for our upcoming trip I was planning, I was stoked.  The burgers ended up being extra good and we're still dreaming of them now.  The fries were hot and crispy and the frozen custard we tried paired perfectly with the hot food.  So good.

The Blue Raspberry Cotton Candy Martini from Serendipity in Las Vegas was not only tasty, but it was super fun to watch the server make it tableside.   

The Frozen Hot Chocolate, also from Serendipity, not only hit the spot on a hot day, but was also smooth and chocolaty.

Zeppoles were on my list for a while, too, and luckily we found them at Giada's in Vegas.  They lived up to the hype!

Pink's Hot Dogs, a hot dog chain from L.A, now has a store in Vegas.  My husband loved them, and I have to admit were pretty stellar dogs.  I really liked the thin and crispy fries dipped in nacho cheese. 

A fun cocktail to try is a Moscow Mule.  This one is from Tavern Hall in Bellevue, WA.  I always liked the look of the copper mug and the drink was also tasty and refreshing.  Made with Rachel's Ginger Beer, it was the perfect summer drink.

I recently got to try an Insane Sundae from Vivo 53 in Bellevue, WA.  This one was a Seahawks one and it was very memorable and make a sweet looking photo.  Eat up!

Frost Doughnuts had been on my list for a while so when I saw a store in Bellevue, WA, I was happy.  I had never been to such a nice doughnut shop.  There was wine and champagne for sale along with chocolates and cupcakes.  Everything was displayed like designer couture. 


Well, that's my list! Hopefully next year I'll have ten more for you!

Comments

Follow on Instagram

www.flickr.com
Kelli Wong Photography's items Go to Kelli Wong Photography's photostream

Popular Posts