Simple and Healthy Banana Muffins

These healthy muffins really worked for me.  Just two bananas, two eggs, a sprinkle of salt, a dash of nutmeg and a little vanilla, and a little time in the oven and you've got some tasty muffins to start your day off right.  I saw the idea for these on Facebook, one of those videos where they show the dish being made.  Their recipe was a little off so I improvised and I was happy with my muffins.  They used four eggs and baked theirs in a 200 degree oven.  I also thought some seasonings and vanilla could only help, too.  I lined my non stick muffin tin with raspberries in some and chocolate chips in the others.  I got eight small muffins because I didn't put too much batter in the cups.  When I tasted a muffin with chocolate chips right out of the oven, it was so good I forgot it was only Monday for a minute.  Isn't that fun when food and the right drink can do that?  Forget about junk food.  When we create and eat something nutritious and delicious where we know where it comes from, it's that much better. 


Banana Muffins


2 bananas, on the ripe side
2 eggs
a sprinkle of salt to bring out the flavors
a dash of nutmeg
1/2 t. of vanilla extract
powdered sugar and fresh raspberries for a garnish when the muffins are done


Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.  Butter a muffin pan or get your non-stick muffin pan out.  Mash the bananas in a medium bowl with a fork.  Add the eggs and stir until well mixed.  Add salt, nutmeg, and vanilla and blend together.  Put several raspberries in the bottom of each muffin cup or any mix-in you desire.  Pour batter evenly over the raspberries and bake for 12-15 minutes, keeping an eye on how they are bake.  More time may be needed since I originally baked mine in a 200 degree oven for 12 minutes, I ended up upping the temp to 350 and baking for ten more minutes.  Slide a knife in the center of a muffin and if it come out clean, the muffins are done.  They will be very moist and more like a custard than a muffin.  They are best warm and fresh, out of the oven.  I made mine the night before and they re-heated for 25 seconds in the microwave just fine.  Then as a topping, you can sprinkle powdered sugar on top and add fresh raspberries.


Does this recipe sound familiar?  A couple of weeks ago, I made banana pancakes using ripe bananas and eggs.  So the same idea, and still so good and also good for you.  Happy eating and baking!





Comments

Follow on Instagram

www.flickr.com
Kelli Wong Photography's items Go to Kelli Wong Photography's photostream

Popular Posts