Dim Sum at Ocean Star

I know, I know.  Another dim sum post.  I wasn't going to do a review or take any food photos during our family's lunch at Ocean Star.  We celebrated my husband's Grandma's birthday and a bunch of us were there.  I brought my camera to take photos of people not food, but when I saw the doughnuts I was inspired to take a photo.  So here we are again.  The doughnuts were warm and puffy and covered in sugar.  Is there even such a thing as a bad doughnut?  There were also egg tarts which are always pretty to photograph.  We ate a lot of dishes, including cow's stomach.  Well, I didn't, but I watched others eat some.  Does that count? My boys' favorite was the sticky rice and I really loved the honey walnut shrimp.  I thought the pork spare ribs looks interesting with the jalapeño on top. 


Ocean Star has been open about a year and it used to be Sun Ya before that.  They have remodeled and it looks way better.  The lobby is welcoming with soft colored maroon chairs and the restrooms are really nice now, too.  Sun Ya's restrooms were actually pretty scary so I was happy with the new and improved ones.  They installed a light colored wood paneling on the walls, brightening the space and giving it a calm look and feel.  All of the chairs are a sage green, adding to the tranquility of the space.  Their lot is still free which is rare in Chinatown.  Ocean Star is a good find in the heart of Seattle's Chinatown. 
Pork Spare Ribs.

BBQ Pork Buns.

Pork Dumplings.



Ocean Star Seafood Restaurant Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

Comments

Follow on Instagram

www.flickr.com
Kelli Wong Photography's items Go to Kelli Wong Photography's photostream

Popular Posts