Banana Chocolate Chip Pancakes for National Pancake Day

Happy National Pancake Day! To celebrate, I whipped up some pancakes for breakfast.  These don't have flour or milk, just bananas and eggs, a little bit of baking soda, and a splash of vanilla.  They are healthy, or were healthy, until I added some chocolate chips and a little syrup.  But you know, no carbs and all that.  I keep buying bananas, hoping that my sons will eat them.  But they seem to be afraid of fruits and veggies.  But still I keep trying to feed them healthy and am trying to find sneaky ways to do it.  So banana pancakes it is!  The bananas were spotty and ripe and I am tired of baking banana bread so I got on Pinterest and saw these pancakes.  They are really easy to make and they turned out really tasty, too!  The whole family loved them and I'll probably make them again in a couple of days.  I have more ripe bananas. 

Banana Pancakes with Chocolate Chips

two ripe bananas
four eggs
1/4 t. baking powder
a splash of vanilla
1/2 cup chocolate chips, or how many you want, really!

Heat your pan and grease it.  While your pan is getting hot mash the bananas with a fork and add the eggs.  Whisk together until well mixed.  Add baking powder and vanilla and mix some more.  Then add the chocolate chips.  Use a 1/2 cup measuring cup to drop the batter until circles in the hot pan.  Wait a few minutes and flip.  Cook evening on both sides until browned.  Makes about 10 pancakes, depending on the size.  Top with fresh sliced bananas and more chocolate chips.  Recipe adapted from here.


 

Comments

Follow on Instagram

www.flickr.com
Kelli Wong Photography's items Go to Kelli Wong Photography's photostream

Popular Posts