Saba Ethiopian Cuisine

It can be fun to try new cuisines and if you live in a large city, its easy to find anything.  Ethiopian food was something I'd never tried and my husband was really interested in trying it, so I thought, why not? He went online to look for restaurants in the area and he found Saba Ethiopian Cuisine near Chinatown.  We ended up really enjoying it.  I liked it because it was different and most importantly the food was flavorful and well seasoned.  The bread that was served, called injera, was surprisingly tasty and helped to scoop the food with.  You eat with your hands with Ethiopian food, which I thought was also cool.  Since our sons were with us we only got a small amount of spice.  But you can get your food really spicy and they even bring additional jars of spices to the table if you like a lot of heat.  Since the platters looked large, we all shared the Lamb Tibs with the Veggie Combo.  The lamb was stir fried with onions, green peppers, and tomatoes.  I enjoyed all the flavors and it seemed really fresh and athentic.  The four veggies were cabbage, okra, collard greens, house salad, and green beans.  Everything was cooked perfectly and very tender.  It being wintertime, I've been eating a lot of cooked vegetables.  So this was exactly what I've been craving.  Our lunch was filling, wholesome, and packed with flavor and the perfect amount of spice for what we wanted.  The interior was also nice, with good service, and a full bar, too.  The outside didn't look like much so I was pleased when we walked inside. 



Our meal, with a side of injera.  


Cabbage with tender carrots, okra, collard greens, green beans, house salad, and lamb tibs. 

The additional spices the server brought us.  The one on the left is a jalapeño one.  I didn't try it but I should have.   I love jalapeños!  

Saba Ethiopian Cuisine Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

Comments

Follow on Instagram

www.flickr.com
Kelli Wong Photography's items Go to Kelli Wong Photography's photostream

Popular Posts