Chocolate Covered Pretzels with Candy Cane Pieces

Sometimes an old classic Christmas goodie gets a new twist.  Chocolate covered pretzels were something my mom and I always made at Christmastime together.  It is only a couple of steps and yet, they are delicious.  Who doesn't love sweet and salty?  My mom has kept dipping pretzels every year and recently has added bits of broken candy canes to sprinkle on top of the pretzels, once they are dipped in chocolate.  That just sounded too good to pass up making.  Any reason I can find  to eat peppermint works for me.  So I bought a small box of candy canes, a bag of pretzels, a bag of Ghirardelli dark melting chocolates, and got to work.   First I broke up my candy canes into tiny pieces and then I melted my chocolate in the microwave.  The best way to do that is by heating it only thirty five seconds at a time.  The reason?  You'd burn it and who wants burned chocolate?  It took several turns in the microwave and then I got a bowl of smooth, melted chocolate ready for pretzel dipping!  Then on my already set aside parchment paper, I put the dipped pretzels in rows to set up.  Once set on the paper, I sprinkled with the candy cane pieces.  And, done!  A container of fresh dipped pretzels.




Comments

Follow on Instagram

www.flickr.com
Kelli Wong Photography's items Go to Kelli Wong Photography's photostream

Popular Posts