A Visit to Sun Liquor Distillery and Capital Cider

This month's date night led my husband and I to Capital Hill for a drink at Sun Liquor Distillery and  dinner at Capital Cider, a couple of blocks away.  I was intrigued by Sun Liquor because I'd never visited a distillery before.  All the liquor is made onsite and their craft cocktails were delicious and high quality.  We shared a plate of fries to go with our drinks.  I had a Rhubarb Bee's Knees which had Hedge Trimmer Gin, Fresh Lemon Juice, Honey Syrup and Sun Rhubarb Bitters.  It was perfect for me because I love my cocktails served straight up with some sweetness and a little tartness.  My husband's drink was called a Three Dots and a Dash and it had Sun Rum Barrel Aged, Demerara Rum, Falernum, Allspice Dram, Fresh Orange, and Lime Juices.  He loved his drink and wanted to share another one with me but the night was still young and we had another spot to hit up. 

We were hungry for dinner and had to think for a minute where to go.  We were in Capital Hill, surrounded by many restaurants, featuring any cuisine you could think of.  Luckily he thought of Capital Cider, which was perfect because we'd yet to check it out.  Another plus was that it was super close to Sun Liquor because the weather was getting chilly.  We walked in and the restaurant was nice and dark with paintings everywhere and a large chandelier, dominating the main eating area.  The service was a bit slow but eventually we got everything we wanted.  I sipped a Seattle Sour-
Bourbon, Starvation Alley Cranberry and Cinnamon Syrup, Lemon, Orange and my husband had a Long Island Iced Tea.  We shared the Pear Caprese which was Burrata, Balsamic Gastrique, and Basil.  My husband ate the Chicken Sausage and I had the Fried Calamari.  We were impressed with the food and it didn't disappoint.  We were pretty lucky considering we hadn't seen a menu and it could have just been bar food, which we didn't want that night.  I noticed that their entire menu is also Gluten Free, which is a plus for a lot of people these days.  It was another incredible date night with my main squeeze!




















Sun Liquor Distillery Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato Capitol Cider Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

Comments

Follow on Instagram

www.flickr.com
Kelli Wong Photography's items Go to Kelli Wong Photography's photostream

Popular Posts