Chocolate Chip Muffins for my Birthday Breakfast

Last week I celebrated my birthday and I started the day off right- with some chocolate.  I baked chocolate chip muffins the day before for my birthday breakfast and they were a yummy start to a new year.  The recipe I used came from Taste of Home.  They weren't very moist and the consistency was more like a scone but I loved how the chocolate chips melted once the muffins were reheated.  I always make my birthday about eating good food and these muffins were a tasty way to begin the day. 


Chocolate Chip Muffins

Ingredients


2 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 cup sugar
1 T. baking powder
1/2 t. salt
1 egg
3/4 cup milk
1/3 cup vegetable oil
3/4 cup miniature semi-sweet chocolate chips


Directions




  • In a large bowl, combine the first four ingredients. In a small bowl, beat egg, milk and oil. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in chocolate chips.
  • Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups three-fourths full. Bake at 400° for 18-20 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing to a wire rack. Yield: 1 dozen.         





  • Comments

    Follow on Instagram

    www.flickr.com
    Kelli Wong Photography's items Go to Kelli Wong Photography's photostream

    Popular Posts