National Doughnut Day

Who doesn't love doughnuts! Today happens to be National Doughnut Day so I though I'd share some photos of the awesome ones I've eaten and photographed.  What's your favorite kind of doughnut?  Hmm, that's a tough question.  I love them all and I'm not picky.  I've always had a soft spot for maple bars and raspberry filled but any doughnut with chocolate is a winner for me.  Take a look at some of the ones I've tried in Seattle, Portland and Vancouver, BC. 

A mini doughnut covered in powdered sugar from the Daily Dozen Doughnut Co. at Seattle's Pike Place Market. 

I loved this one!  A maple bar covered in crisp and salty bacon from Voodoo Doughnuts in Portland. 

 A cake doughnut from Tim Hortons in Vancouver, BC.  This is a popular spot and I was surprised by the lines to get my coffee and doughnut fix. 

 Tom Douglas' Dahlia Bakery has these awesome doughnuts that just melt in your mouth.  Plus they're made to order.  I loved the Mascarpone and the cranberry jam to dip them in. 

These are French Crullers which are light and airy and made with choux pastry.  They weren't too sweet and aren't my favorite doughnuts but I wanted to try them anyway.  I bought these crullers at a local grocery store.

 This Halloween doughnut was from Krispy Kreme, one of my favorite spots for doughnuts.  We have one not far from our neighborhood and my husband and I love to go them from time to time and get a treat.  He always sips on a coffee and we treat ourselves to some doughnut goodness.  This doughnut was filled with frosting and topped with chocolate. 

 A dozen doughnuts from Krispy Kreme.

 The chocolate doughnut is my favorite from Krispy Kreme.  Its super dense, moist, sweet and rich.  Plus its filled with creme and topped with more chocolate icing. 


So did I make you hungry for some doughnuts? I know I want one now!  Some places are giving away free doughnuts today.  Check out Krispy Kreme, Dunkin' Doughnuts, Tim Hortons and more.  Click here for more info. 

Comments

Follow on Instagram

www.flickr.com
Kelli Wong Photography's items Go to Kelli Wong Photography's photostream

Popular Posts