Seattle Food Via Instagram

What's one to do when you see a photo opp but your trusted and true camera is sitting at home?  Pull out your smartphone, snap a photo, upload it in Instagram, choose a filter of your choice and add  descriptions and tags.  Ah, instant gratification and your memories are captured.  Definitely not the same quality as a nice camera but with so many filters to choose in Instagram, it looks cool anyway.   On that note, I thought I'd share some of my favorite Seattle food shots from when I went out to eat sans DSLR and really wanted to snap pics anyway. 

Drinks and Dessert at Capital Hill's Pettirosso.

Last night my husband and I ate dinner at home but he wanted to go out for a cocktail and I wanted to go out for dessert.  Where should we go?  We just couldn't make up our minds but we headed for Capital Hill where you can find anything.  It was Friday night and busy.  Everyone was out having a good time dining, bar hopping, singing Karaoke or shopping.  We drove around for what seemed like forever, trying to find a place to park.  We finally parked the car, then headed to the Pike/Pine Corridor.  We just happened upon this cute cafe, Pettirosso.  We looked at the menu and yes, they had a full bar plus a pasty case full of delicious looking desserts.  We found a table and my hubby got his drink, an Old Fashioned, and I got my dessert, Strawberry Cheesecake.  Everybody was happy and we even discovered a new place. 




 Dilettante Mocha Cafe on Broadway

Dilettante is a Mocha Cafe and Martini Bar on the end of Broadway.  I've been there a handful of times and always have an enjoyable experience.  How could I not?  They have a huge display and menu of all sorts of chocolate confections.  What's your poison?  They have hot chocolate, tons of cake to choose from, plus a long list of chocolate cocktails.  They have a bunch of other locations now, too. 


 My favorite cake from Dilettante- the Mocha Praline.  Its so good!


A glass of Red Wine from Dilettante Mocha Cafe. 
 

My husband's Chocolate Covered Cherry Martini he ordered on one of our visits.  This Chocolate Martini has Ephemere Truffle Saurce, disaronno Amaretto, Black Cherry Vodka & Chambord.  He loved it and it really hit the spot on a cold evening last December. 

Giannoni's Pizzeria in West Seattle

Giannoni's is pretty much our favorite spot to grab slices.  My husband and I always get a slice of cheese pizza with a side of ranch to dip it in.  The slices are beyond huge and they're so big you have to fold them in half.  Its New York Style pizza and we love it.  We've gone in time and time again for slices.  The place isn't fancy but it have character.  One whole wall is painted with graffiti style artwork.  We've been to some pizza joints in New York and it has the same feel.  We always leave this place happy and satisfied. 



A couple slices of Giannoni's cheese slices.  We love the thin crust and the hot cheese.  But you gotta fold it just like the New Yorker's do! They have outdoor seating also, which is awesome in the warmer months. 

Tutta Bella Neapolitan Pizzeria in Columbia City

I've been to Tutta Bella a couple of times.  They are known for their very athentic Neapolitan pizza.  Its pretty much what you'll eat in Italy.  Last fall, my hubby and I drank some dry Gin Martini's and ate some really spicy pizza.  It was my first Gin Martini and sadly my last.  Those things are strong and I didn't care for the taste at all.  To read about my other visit to Tutta Bella, you can click here




I can't recall what kind of pizza this was expect that it was super spicy from the Mama Lil's Peppers.  I can't recommend spicy pizza with a Gin Martini though.  Try their Parini Sidecars, they are amazing!

Cupcake Royale on Capital Hill

I love cupcakes and if you read my blog, you'll find plenty of cupcake shots.  Seattle is full of cupcake shops and Cupcake Royale is a favorite.  Last summer they even started offering ice cream.  Cupcakes and Ice Cream go together like magic. 


They even have ice cream sandwiches.  This one is the Pumpkin Cardamon.  Good stuff. 


Capital Hill's Cupcake Royale is a pretty big store with a lot of look at while eating your cupcakes.  These cupcake flavors are listed in an artsy way on one of the walls.  I like how Salted Caramel, my fav cupcake, is the biggest font. 

Yum, cupcakes! 

Follow me on Instagram!  My name is Kelliwongphoto. 


Pettirosso on Urbanspoon


Giannoni's Pizza on Urbanspoon

Comments

Post a Comment

Follow on Instagram

www.flickr.com
Kelli Wong Photography's items Go to Kelli Wong Photography's photostream

Popular Posts