A Visit to High 5 Pie

I guess there is such a thing as bad pie.  What?  No forks to eat it with either?  You try eating a piece of apple pie with a spoon.  Yikes!  The pie was so hard I could barely eat it.  The only saving grace was the scoop of Snickerdoodle ice cream on the side. 

And the worst part about my experience at High 5 Pie?  That slice of apple pie with ice cream set me back $6.50.  Wah!

Maybe they were having a bad night.  Maybe the pie is usually awesome.  I've heard good things about High 5 and wanted to check it out for myself.  I dragged my hubby along to split a piece and also to share a savory pie while we were at it.  Unfortunately the savory one didn't hit the mark either.  The pastry wasn't puffy, it was just dried out and the flavor in the spinach filling wasn't right.

When we walked in, there were only a few pies in the case.  Apple, Marionberry, Coconut Cream and Chocolate Pie.  I'm just going to stick with my mom's pie.  Her pie is the best. 










High Five Pie on Urbanspoon

Comments

Follow on Instagram

www.flickr.com
Kelli Wong Photography's items Go to Kelli Wong Photography's photostream

Popular Posts