A Few More Seattle Restaurants

I've got three more Seattle restaurants I want to review that I dined at before my blogging days.  They are West 5 in West Seattle, A Terrible Beauty Pub in Renton and finally, Smith on Capital Hill. 

West 5 is located in one of my favorite parts of Seattle, California Ave.  An avenue of restaurants, bars, bakeries and shops make this area a favorite place of mine to be.  I first went to West 5 with a group of people to celebrate a friend's birthday.  I thought the place was a hit and have went back a bunch of times since.  They have one of the best happy hours around with delicious and cheap Mai Tai's.  They also have these yummy chicken quesadillas and if you order them during happy hour, they're only five bucks. 


One of the best Mai Tai's ever, they're huge but cheap.  Go here for the Mai Tai's!
On one of my visits I ordered the Artisinal Mac and Cheese, a popular item at West 5. 
Um, yum!  Chocolate Souffle with Raspberry Sauce and Ice Cream.  My first souffle experience and hopefully not my last. 

A Terrible Beauty Pub in Renton serves authentic Irish food.  I had been wanting to try some Bangers and Mash.  When I did some reseach online and found A Terrible Beauty served it, I wanted to check it out.  The dish didn't dissapoint.  The serving was pretty big, so I had leftovers for later.  Plus cabbage is good for you, so I felt good about eating it.  The sausage, maybe not as healthy, but it tasted good.  My husband got fish and chips and found that it needed some more seasoning.  The dish looked good and authentic though.  I really liked the large space inside the pub.  It seemed like a place you'd hang out at in Ireland. 


My Bangers and Mash.  Sausage, mashed potatoes and cabbage make up this authentic Irish dish. 
The Fish and Chips from A Terrible Beauty.

There's also a small gift shop with Irish food and clothes.

Smith is a neighborhood restaurant and bar in Capital Hill serving rustic pub fare.  Smith is a unique pub with tons of framed photos and animal mounts on the walls.  I went there to try poutine for the first time.  Poutine is a Canadian treat but sometimes you can find it in Seattle.  It is fries with gravy and cheese curds.  Smith's poutine was really good but also really cheesy.  It had tons of melted cheese on top.  I also drank a Sex on the Beach that went well with the poutine. 




West 5 on Urbanspoon A Terrible Beauty Irish Pub and Restaurant on Urbanspoon Smith on Urbanspoon

Comments

Follow on Instagram

www.flickr.com
Kelli Wong Photography's items Go to Kelli Wong Photography's photostream

Popular Posts