Chocolate Brownies with Frosting

Happy 2013! I went out to dinner with my husband's family on New Year's Day and the waiter greeted us with "Welcome to 2013". I felt wowed, like the future is here and we've arrived. Like no matter what this year brings I'm going to choose to be happy.

This years' New Year like all of the others before it, left me feeling invigorated, inspired and ready to start fresh. That feeling lasted all of two days. Then I got a late Christmas gift, a cold. My throat felt like I was trying to swallow knifes, my nose was running like a faucet, my sleep schedule was off and then I lost my voice.

I don't know about you but I needed some chocolate. Today, my cold didn't feel so bad and I really wanted to whip up a treat for my husband and I. He needed chocolate therapy too so I baked some brownies. They were pretty simple to make and there's even frosting on top. Don't tell, but I doubled the frosting recipe. As the smell of baking brownies filled my kitchen and I licked the frosting off a spoon, I thought yes, this is just what the doctor ordered.

I found the recipe for these brownies on allrecipes.com and they're originally called Best Brownies.

Ingredients:

1/2 c. butter
1c. white sugar
2 eggs
1 t. vanilla extract
1/3 c. unsweetened cocoa powder
1/2 c. all- purpose flour
1/4 t. salt
1/4 t. baking powder

Chocolate Frosting (you can double this if you want for thicker frosting on the brownies, I did!)

3 T. butter, softened
3 T. unsweetened cocoa powder
1 T. honey
1 t. vanilla extract
1 c. confectioner's sugar

Directions:

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease and flour an 8 inch square pan. In a large saucepan, melt 1/2 c. butter. Remove from heat, and stir in sugar, eggs, and 1 t. vanilla. Beat in 1/3 c. cocoa, 1/2 c. flour, salt, and baking powder. Spread into prepared pan. Bake in preheated oven for 25 to 30 minutes. Do not overbake. To make frosting: Combine 3 T. butter, 3 T. cocoa powder, 1 T. honey, 1 t. vanilla, and 1 c. confectioner's sugar. Frost brownies while they are still warm.





Want another homemade brownie recipe? Click here. Here's to another fun year of blogging!

Comments

Follow on Instagram

www.flickr.com
Kelli Wong Photography's items Go to Kelli Wong Photography's photostream

Popular Posts