Rolo Turtles

Today I made Rolo Turtles, a recipe I found here, a super easy recipe but, oh my heavens, good! They are pretzels with Rolo's baked on top and then pecans are added after they are taken out of the oven.  This was my first time making them and I think I'll be making these every Christmas! With the combination of the salty pretzel, the caramely chocolate from the rolo and the perfect nutty taste of the pecan on top are so delicious.  They are the perfect two bite treat and I think I need to make more.  I used six tubes of Rolo's and it made around 44 turtles.  Give or take one or two, since I ate one Rolo right away.  I know, right?  Such restraint. 

Here's how you make them:

Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.  Unwrap your Rollo's.  Its best to buy the individual tubes of Rolo's, since they are easiest to unwrap. 


Take one baking sheet and line them with waffle pretzels in a straight line.  Top with one Rolo on each pretzel. 


Bake for 4 minutes.  You don't want them melting all over the place, you want the chocolate to just be soft.  Now top each one with a pecan. 


Let them set up by placing them in the refrigerator.  Store and eat at room temperature.  Now try and just eat one! These would be perfect to give to friends as part of a Christmas cookie plate. 

Aren't they pretty?  Pretty and so tasty!

Comments

Follow on Instagram

www.flickr.com
Kelli Wong Photography's items Go to Kelli Wong Photography's photostream

Popular Posts