The Northwest Folklife Festival 2012

Yesterday we went to Seattle Center for the Northwest Folklife Festival which is held on Memorial Day Weekend every year.  Thousands of people attend so the crowds can get a bit out of hand.  The festival has lots of live music, food and it is definitely a place to people watch.  The day was a hot one, so standing in line for my Fried Peanut Butter and Jelly Sandwich, I had to suffer for it.  But this fried treat was so worth it.  The line was long and I think they got the tickets for the orders messed up because people behind me were getting their food before me.  I've never had a Fried PB&J, only a Fried Babe Ruth so I didn't know what to expect.  Turned out, it tasted like a doughnut with warm peanut butter and raspberry jelly, can you say yum? Besides the festival food, I enjoyed walking around and checking everything out. 




The Fountain at Seattle Center with the Space Needle in the background.  The day was a warm one, so people loved running in and out of the sprays of water. 





While waiting in line for my fried PB&J, the person next to me in line had a very tired and warm puppy.  She decided to just plop down next to us and relax.




The fried PB&J that my husband and I split.  Turned it out be a good afternoon snack and who would have thought it would taste so good.  Oh, wait, anything fried tastes good!


Overall, the Folklife Festival was a great way to start the summer.  For more information go to http://www.nwfolklife.org




Comments

Follow on Instagram

www.flickr.com
Kelli Wong Photography's items Go to Kelli Wong Photography's photostream

Popular Posts