Chocolate Chip Banana Bread

Who doesn't love banana bread?  I grew up eating the stuff and when I moved away from home, banana bread was one of the first things I started baking regularly. When I buy my groceries I sometimes buy too many bananas and if I can't eat them all, I make banana bread.  I decided to do something different this time.  I added chocolate chips.  This classic recipe now has a new twist and I love the way it tastes.  Chocolate makes everthing even better.  I used one cup of mini chocolate chips in the banana bread because I read somewhere that using regular chocolate chips would make them sink to the bottom of the bread pan.  My original recipe for Banana Bread is from my Mom which she found from the Betty Crocker Cookbook, but I have added the chocolate chips to it. 


Chocolate Chip Banana Bread


2 1/2 c. flour
3 1/2 tsp. baking powder
3 T. oil
1 egg
2 to 3 medium ripe bananas
3/4 c. sugar
1 tsp. salt
3/4 c. milk
1 c. mini chocolate chips


Measure all ingredients except the mini chocolate chips into large mixer bowl; beat on medium speed 1/2 minute, scraping side and bottom of bowl constantly.  Fold in mini chocolate chips.  Pour into greased and floured 9x5x3 inch loaf pan.  Bake at 350 degrees 55 to 65 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean.  Remove from pan; cool thoroughly before slicing. 











Comments

Follow on Instagram

www.flickr.com
Kelli Wong Photography's items Go to Kelli Wong Photography's photostream

Popular Posts